When questioned regarding the state of his soup-soaked hands he replied, "My father trusts me with my fingers in the soup," still licking the soup from his hands and working hard to get what had dripped down his arm and was now half way between his wrist and elbow.
Somewhat surprised we questioned him further. He matter-of-factly reiterated his previous statement, modified slightly, "My father told me he trusts me with my fingers in the soup."
Not recalling having ever told him that, Dad then asked, "Did I tell you I trusted you with your fingers in the soup?" A single emphatic nod was his reply.
Since Dad did not recall ever having made such a statement, another question followed, "Who's your father?"
Reply, "The one in Heaven!"
After laughing a bit and feeling a little bit proud of ourselves for being such great parents as to teach our children about Heavenly Father to the point that he would feel such a closeness he follows up with:
"My Father also told me he trusts me with a saw."
So, there you have it folks, God himself gave the go ahead. If you happen to see our little man out "using the saw", don't worry, he has permission.....

1 comment:
Holy cats. This is one kid I take seriously. But really, will the Lord strike me dead if I dash into the street and - wait. Knowing A. I'm not sure I'd have the courage to try to grab a saw out of his hot little hands . . .
Post a Comment