Monday, June 16, 2008

Food for Thought


Who am I kidding? Food for my increasing thighs is more like it. So, here it is: I feel like a whale as usual. Let me clarify....I only feel like an ocean mammal from roughly 2 months after having a baby until about 6 to 12 months after I am done nursing that baby. Problem: I will nurse for around a year. So, 2 months plus 1 year plus another 50 weeks....way to long to be busting out of my pants. My pants....right. I am not actually IN my pants. I am in maternity pants and I AM NOT PREGNANT.


Let's get down to the nitty gritty shall we? How do you overcome a sugar addiction? For Real. And, how do you eat healthy when you only have one hand to work with most of the time? And, how do you afford to buy fruits and vegetables every couple of days? And, how do you find the energy to keep eating healthy when you can't even keep underwear on the 3 year old? And, how can we be expected to eat fruits and vegetables that "taste like soap" anyway??? I mean, if they tasted like they were suppose to I could see eating the good stuff all the time...but as it is the good stuff tastes "sub par" in a very big way.


Who has the real answers to my questions??? I am asking you with my brain and my blog....somebody help!!! :)

2 comments:

Rachel said...

This is one that Kristen is going to have to respond to. She'll have some great words of wisdom. :o) Me, I'm with ya honey. Why is it that the stuff that tastes good is bad for us and the stuff that tastes horrid is good for us? I really do not know! It stinks....that much I do know. Stinks really really bad and stinks that as kids we COULD eat what ever we wanted and we didn't appreciate it......

Jen said...

Misty, I just read a book called "Potatoes not Prozac" about sugar sensitivity. Basically "sugar sensitive" people process sugars differently and it can really be as bad as an addiction. Anyways...very eye opening. Let me know if you want to borrow it sometime. There is another book by the same author about sugar sensitive kids called "Little Sugar Addicts", also very informative. --Jen :)