Tuesday, June 10, 2008

My 1 Year Anniversary




Exactly 1 year ago I lost something. I don't have a picture for this entry thank goodness. It is always so interesting to me that the thing we worried most about never happens and the thing that never crossed our minds as being a problem all of the sudden becomes a very big problem.

Take this for example: I have been all worried about losing my sanity everyday for the past....13 1/2 years (hmmmm...that is funny, that is my oldest child's exact age....weird...) and I haven't actually lost that completely, I am pretty sure. However, one year ago today, while boogie boarding for the first time, I lost something completely different.

My sweet husband went searching up and down the beach for it. I was stranded in the water...waste deep...surrounded by family members. He never found it. Go figure. Big ocean. My sister-in-law came to the rescue, running toward me, fighting waves to reach me, swinging swimsuit bottoms above her head, laughing her guts out, shouting to me, "I have bottoms! I have bottoms!"

--Well, at least one of us did. Happy Anniversary!

2 comments:

The Nixons said...

Oh my goodness! That is hysterical!

K said...

Now - this is what you get: I read this whole thing OUT LOUD to my WHOLE FAMILY. And we were all howling!! This is better than just watching you guys across the street. And speaking of that, I think it was Blake who said to G - "Hey - we were watching you guys taking pictures and you turned around and put your glasses on the back of your head!!!"

So we're not the only ones enjoying the show across the asphalt.