I get myself into scrapes a lot. I was born with the wrong hair color. I am pretty sure I was sent to this earth to learn moderation in all things. I am anything but moderate.
My scrapes usually involve my quick temper, emotional outbursts, or over reactions. My hair was jet black when I was born, turned almost white by the time I was three, and then made the transformation to brown when really it was supposed to be red all along. At least then I would have the excuse of being "a redhead". That seems like a pretty good excuse to me. I was born with it. It just is who I am. Darn! Guess you'll just have to stand back and watch out!
Then there are those people that were born with just the perfect color hair. Take Diana Barry for instance. Anne's bosom buddy from Anne of Green Gables. Bosom buddies don't have to lecture or remind or convince. They just are. They are patience and love and kindness and moderation. Diana just was who she was. And Anne was better for it.
I needed a Diana Barry in my life. My Diana has already saved me. She didn't have to say anything. She didn't have to do anything. She just is. I think everybody needs a Diana. Thank goodness for the Diana's of the world. Thank heavens I get to be friends with one.
And the hair? I guess I will just keep it brown and not try that excuse....until next time. There is always a next time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Oh yes. The Diana' B.'s of the world. I always wanted a bosom buddy but I still don't have a bosom so I've settled for kindred spirits. :)
I can't even think straight after Rachel's comment, so I will just say AMEN Sista friend!
I laughed right out loud as I was going to sleep last night (your little comment popped right into my tired little head!)....Rachel!!!
:) You're welcome!
Rachel. LOL. I probably should have been red-headed too, voted "most likely to peck holes in everything." I'm sorry I've been late commenting on almost everything. I'm a little bewildered as to why I feel overwhelmed by the last five weeks - sick horse, freezing weather, early snow, house that defies any logic and two late car registrations tickets. But it's more than that, a sort of mental scrambling. Dementia? Oh, not yet, please. So anyway, sorry I've fallen behind. If you have even one Diana, you are blessed. But still, wouldn't you rather, in your heart or hearts, be Anne?
I thought about that...this morning while on my knees wishing I were someone else...Diana...the person who doesn't make life so hard and feels everything so radically. So, I guess I would rather be Diana at those moments, in my heart of hearts. But then there is the rest of the time....
I so wouldn't enjoy you as much if you were a "Diana". I to am an Anne. I do the first good idea that pops in my head. I jump in with both feet only to find I'm in over my head. Our husbands wouldn't have been drawn to us if we were Diana's. Something to think about is sometimes it takes an Anne to get people to wake up.
Loved the blog. Laughed with the comments. Pondered on the Anne's and Diana's in my life. Love having you for my friend. -Pam in E.R.
Hi! I have to ask... do blonds get quick tempered, overreact, and have emotional outbursts? I now have to answer emphatically... YEA!!! LIVING PROOF HERE! :D I am an awful lot like Ann, :O, where is the red hair for the excuse? Oh well, blond has it's own excuse rendering reputation (which I, now and then, OK, that's a lie... which I, SO FREQUENTLY, use. :)
Wouldn't it be great if everyone had a bosom buddy like Diana Berry?
Post a Comment