So. Paul and I have been married for 15 and one half years. We have talked over the years. Really we have. And, what's more: we have communicated. We have, at times, understood each other. I am sure of it. At least....I think we have. This, my friends, is an actual conversation that just took place between two people who have lived together for over a decade, have had six children together, and have even talked about stuff over that amount of time. Important stuff. Like accidentally leaving your baby in the car.....
paulcox
10:59
I just took my shoes off,....and all of a sudden I feel so much better.
Misty Cox
10:59
lol
10:59
hopefully the people around you are feeling ok still
paulcox10:59
oh,...yeah. now that's funny
11:01
how did the baby do on the run/walk?
Misty Cox
11:01
he always does just fine....
11:01
he is very patient
11:01
like when this morning, i took taylor to school....
11:01
and then when i got home
11:01
i came inside and started making lunches for the kids
11:02
and then 10 minutes later asked the kids to see how the baby was
11:02
because he was so quiet
11:02
and then realized after freaking out
11:02
that i had left him in the car
paulcox11:02
HA!!!
11:02
LOL!!
Misty Cox
11:02
and when i went RUNNING out there he was just sitting there
11:02
waiting
11:02
patiently
11:02
yeah "go misty!"
paulcox11:02
sitting out where?
Misty Cox
11:03
in the car seat
paulcox11:03
you left him in the car again?
Misty Cox
11:03
what?????
paulcox11:03
twice in a single day?
Misty Cox
11:03
no
11:03
what are you talking about
11:03
you need to re-read that
paulcox11:04
didn't you just say that you left him in the car?
Misty Cox
11:04
yes. after taking taylor.
paulcox11:04
did you Mean to leave him in the car?
Misty Cox
11:04
boy,
11:04
you are not getting it....
11:04
that is sad
11:04
shall i recap???
11:05
let me sum up:
paulcox11:05
I'm studying to be a lawyer. I only go with the literal meaning of things,...and it has to be dumbed down quite a bit
Misty Cox
11:05
lol
11:05
here is the dumbed down version:
paulcox11:05
k
Misty Cox
11:05
took taylor to school (with baby)
11:05
came home
11:05
got out of car (without baby)
11:05
went inside
paulcox11:05
got it
Misty Cox
11:05
you got it
11:05
that is good
11:05
i was starting to worry
11:05
whew
11:06
now that we understand each other
paulcox11:06
so did you Mean to leave the baby in the car........
Ahem. That is where I will leave off. I trust you understand me here. If you don't understand the gravity of the situation, and you need to ask me whether or not I meant to leave my precious baby in an empty car alone out in my driveway for 10 minutes, then you might want to ask Paul. He might be able to answer you.
Then again, he might not.

6 comments:
I love reading your posts. they make me laugh and I understand all of them.
LOL! If I had a dime for all the AIM conversations with my husband, where he got completely lost! Bless them.
that's hilarious. and sadly so true to life.
Not all conversations like this are provable. Most of them just sort of happen on the fly, and then you can't SHOW everyone so that they can agree with you that YOU are not the crazy one, except for leaving the baby in the car, which you shouldn't write on line in case someone who is, say, considering asking you to run for governor, should read it and change their minds or have you arrested, which has happened before.
Don't you think?
So DID you mean to leave the baby in the car? I'm just askin'........cuz there have been plenty of times I've wanted to! :D
ROTFL!!!!
Post a Comment