Thursday, October 1, 2009

My Man's Version of Wheaties


For the first 5 years of marriage my dear love would give me a bad time about my sugar focus.  And I had focus baby!  Sugar focus is when you plan for desert before you plan dinner.  Sugar focus is immediate need for sugar intake upon the completion of each and every meal or salty snack.  Sugar focus is impatient and not long suffering.  But time heals all sugar focus problems and now I am proud to announce that my dear love has sugar focus just like me!  How can I tell?  I will let you be the judge.

My dear love's breakfast this morning should convince you.  If not that, then his willingness to go any length for the right amount of butter and sugar and chocolate chips to furnish enough warm cookies to feed (and I use that term very lightly) an entire neighborhood.  Since you are all dying to know what my dear love had for breakfast I will tell you now, and I promise you will be just as gleeful as I was as I shook my finger at him and gave him a nice little lecture on the virtues of a healthy breakfast. 

Say this out loud with me and shake your finger:

"Cocoa Puffs and Oreos and Milk Oh My!"  "Cocoa Puffs and Oreos and Milk Oh My!"

The Breakfast of Champions.  It all just depends on what kind of champion.  :)

5 comments:

Gerb said...

Um. That sounds like a perfectly acceptable breakfast to me. I'd have to hide in the bathroom closet, though, or my tiny kids would be surrounding me saying, "BITE? BITE? BITE?"

Richard & Natalie said...

I'm with Gerb. In fact, I think I've had that particular breakfast once or twice followed by a Diet Pepsi.

Rachel said...

When I go to ward dinners or any dinner for that matter where dessert is served I always go and get my dessert and eat it first. There is always plenty of dinner left over......but all of the kids snarf the dessert and I feel that they do not fully appreciate the desserts like I do so therefore I get first dibs! :D

Chastina said...

My favorite saying is "Life is short, eat dessert first."

I love those kinds of meals!

Teachinfourth said...

Like Rachel, I had a group of friends who would go and order dessert first (at places like TGIF) and THEN order their meal...usually they'd be so full that they'd take their meal home and eat it the next day.