Life is full of choices. That is why the word "required" bothers me so much. People like to use that word a lot. I guess if you qualify it then you could use it and not make my hair stand on end. "You are required to attend such and such if you want to show everyone how diligent you are and therefore show everyone how fabulous I am." See? Just qualify it and I am fine! Required. Ugh, just shoot me.
Back to choices. I have been pondering the concept of choices lately. I am learning that I am constantly choosing....each moment. I can sit at the computer, eat a snack, kiss my baby, or give in and cry over how lonely I am (remember, I just moved)....each moment, lot's of choices. So, when I get one of those emails that end by giving me only 2 choices for that moment I am in....I get ruffled. What better way to feel better about these things than to just make fun of it!
"You now have 1 of 2 choices.
You can either pass this on
and let other people catch the
chills like you did or you can
delete this and act like it
didn't touch your heart like it
did mine."
IT'S YOUR CALL!
Is it my call? Really? I am pretty sure I can come up with something better than just pass it or delete it. I could laugh and then delete it. I could roll my eyes and then delete it. I could flag it and copy it and paste it and then blog about it. I could...oh, yes...I could make fun of it. "Now don't get your knickers in a knot. Nothing is solved and it just makes you walk funny." I am not making fun of the beautiful courageous story that undoubtedly preceded this imaginative list of choices. I am making fun of this.....
"Pass this on to your true
friends. Something good will
happen to you at 11:00 in the
morning; something that you
have been waiting to hear.
This is not a joke; someone
will call you by phone or will
speak to you about
something that you were
waiting to hear."
Well, I for one could use that phone call. Darn it all, I probably missed it. Well, maybe next time I will choose more wisely.
In the words of the Sid the Sloth:
"Hey, Sid, the tiger found a shortcut."
"No thanks, I choose life."
Or even better than that: delete.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I love your posts! I just know it won't take your family long to find great friends where you are. Not to long ago we had just moved to Utah and felt out of place, lonely, rebellious, etc. We met fun people like you who helped us through the tough beginning of our lives here. Keeping laughing! It makes you younger.
I dislike those kinds of e-mails. When I receive them I usually hit delete. The only time I don't is if I think someone else would really enjoy it. Then I take out the "forward this to your friends" part and forward it.
Post a Comment