Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Drop It or Else


Name Droppers.  That is what I call them.  Those people that feel the need to give you a title along with their name, or those people that drop important names along the path of conversation so that you can feel duly impressed, or there is always the fancy shmancy vocabulary droppers as well.  In case you aren't catching on, let me illustrate.

"Hello new person to the neighborhood, I am President So and So!"

"Oh, Hello President So and So, are you the Stake President or...."

"No, I am the Elder's Quorum President!  At your service!"

or

"Oh, yes, my brother's wife's cousin's daughter's daughter just wrote a New York Time's Best Selling Novel and is now busy traveling the world, so I understand the challenges a published writer has to go through....sigh....it is such a hard life."

or

"The magniloquence of my conversation with you will leave you wondering if you are living on the same planet with me, so just listen and nod your head and smile!"

Now don't think I haven't done it myself.  I am not perfect!  Almost, but really not totally.  I could tell you stories....oh, but wait, I do that don't I?  I have been known to name drop a time or two.  "Oh, yes, well, when I was the Such and Such President of the Such and Such Ward in the Great City of Such and Such I had this fabulous experience that I now need to share with you so that you think I am important enough to get that Such and Such Calling and have that fabulous experience that only comes with Such and Such!"  Pathetic.  But true nonetheless.

Name dropping is something I try not to do too often.  This time though.  This time I have cause!  I have a real reason to name drop!  I want to do it with flourish!  With style!  Here it is folks:

Little me and one of my little blog posts from time past is going to be published on a blog that is not my blog!  It is another blog!  Someone else's blog!  Not impressed yet??  Just wait, it get's better!  You have to try out for this blog.  You have to send in what you want them to post and they decide if it is post worthy and then they tell you that you have to fix it up a bit and then you re-submit it and then you have to write your very own bio and send a picture if you can find one of yourself not making a goofy face and then there it is, Published.  This Friday.  Here.

Name Dropper!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

That is SO COOL! And even more cool that I am friends with you because now when I introduce myself I don't have to say, "Hi, my name is Rachel......." bleck. Like that holds any clout. "Umm, ya.....so"? BUT

Now I can say, "Hi, I'm Rachel who is BBF's with that Misty Cox who gets PUBLISHED and I can tell you all about being published on a famous blog now. And you are? Not that it matters I just want you to feel important standing next to me because I am important beings as I AM BFF with Misty Cox. Did I mention she's been PUBLISHED?"

"I'm sorry, did you say you had a name because I couldn't see you, I mean hear you".

Richard & Natalie said...

Alright, Misty!!! I love Four Perspectives and thought the other day that you should submit something to be a guest blogger. AND Voila there you will be! Thanks for reading my mind! Can't wait.

Chastina said...

How exciting! I'm excited to read your published post.

PMC said...

Rachel - I always KNEW you were a name dropper! Ha!

Thanks you guys! I am excited :)

NY1596 said...

Great post over at 4P. Still waiting to find a good parking space, myself.