Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Found It























They told me Phoenix was big. They, meaning...like, EVERYBODY. I nodded my head and said, "Oh, yes, I know it is a big city! I will be just fine!" (Big Smile) "I have a GPS!"

I came here (after spending 2 glorious days looking for houses in Salem, Oregon only to find that the houses there really aren't built for a family of 8 whose parents like to...well...BREATHE) to find a BIG HOUSE. They told me there were big houses here. They, meaning like....EVERYBODY. So, here is how it went:

Wake up. Get into hot car first thing in the morning. Start driving. NEVER STOP driving. Drive and drive and drive. See a GI-NORMOUS house way out in the middle of nowhere. Get into VERY hot car and keep driving. DRIVE FOREVER. Think eternity. Think to the moon...no....TO PLUTO and back. Don't forget the 'and back' part because that is the part that kills ya.

Wait FOREVER to see the next GI-NORMOUS house but then drive away toward the next one because the fear of not having enough driving time is very real. So is the perspiration. You would think one hour is enough time. I am not leaving the state, just crossing from one side of a city to another. Really...isn't an hour long enough? I say no, tis' not enough.

Change my next appointment time going 80 on some freeway I can't remember the name of. Change appointment time again, still going 80. Get to the next GI-NORMOUS house late. I am NEVER late. Anyone who knows me knows this. It had to have been 150 degrees in that house. I hated that house.

Was going to blow off my last appointment. Tired. Dehydrated. Late. Phone call..."OH, I know you are going to LOVE this GI-NORMOUS house! I have it all ready for you to see! How far away are you?" Reply, "Sigh....K, be there someday...just wait for me...."

Get back into the sun's personal oven and drive. Again. For a long time. Another GI-NORMOUS house. They all look the same. They are all blending together. I am pretty sure I am in GI-NORMOUS driving hell. By the way, I am thirsty.

After an eternity in the sun's vacation home talking to an over-anxious realtor I get into Satan's car. He most assuredly has the hottest car in the known universe. I drive back to my friend's house. That drive, in case you were wondering, took FOREVER. And, by the way, I'm thirsty.

It is done. The house finding, not the driving. I did more of that today. Okay, so, ya'll....Phoenix is big. Did you here? Big. FOREVER big. I think after we move here I will be sticking close to home and not just my car seat.

Did I mention the pool at our new house? How about the play ground equipment? No? Well, what about the fact that this house is right around the corner from our very very dear friends? The great deal we got then? What about the yard??? It is big you know...not like big as in Phoenix is big...but like the other kind of big...the normal kind. Oh, did I not say that Phoenix was big? Let me fix that.

"PHOENIX IS REALLY FLIPPING MONSTROUSLY BIG!!!!!!!!"
There. I said it. Just like everybody else. And don't smile at me and say "I know."

6 comments:

Rachel said...

So where are the photos of the flippin' GI-NORMOUS house and all of the really cool I'M SO JEALOUS except for the Satanic heat part?

I'm so confused. OR, AZ, OR, AZ, OR, AZ

WOULD YOU MAKE UP YOUR FLIPPIN MIND??? Garsh!

Jen said...

Misty...I so know! We lived in Surprise and it would take us an hour and 15 minutes to get to my grandparent's house in Gilbert. All in the same city! It's huge!!! Good luck, my friend...and don't melt!

K said...

I wouldn't have told you it was big. I was in college when I went there, but I didn't have a car - I met my parents there. I would have told you that the city is a solid wall of scorching heat, that getting off the airplane, you get slammed in the face with this wall, and you never recover until you are back in the mountains breathing. But the pool will help. The air used to be really dry there; people with TB went there to dry out and recover. But the number of pools has made it a slightly (HA) humid place.

Still. How cool that you have all that stuff and that you're very, very good friends live there. They better be good to you. As good as we'd be, or I will hire someone to beat Paul, every Wednesday at 4 o'clock for the REST OF HIS LIFE>

PMC said...

LOL....just hire him now K. Rachel-I am as confused as you are. Jen-I love you! I need to email you! Now, I need to get to work!!!

Chastina said...

We are going to miss you guys! Hope you enjoy the pool (with the waterfall?)!

All the YW want Emma to keep in contact.

Melissa said...

What a whirlwind! I'm so glad you've found your place. We'll have to come visit next time we are in Phoenix.