Sunday, June 21, 2009

A Purse Never Looked So Fabulous!

Last night we all ran to Albertson’s for a quick dinner (chicken) and milk for the baby. I grabbed my purse and took it into the store with us so as not to leave it in the car to be stolen (like it was just a few months ago....). I put it in the cart and pushed the cart while Paul pushed the baby in the stroller so as not to put the baby in a germ infested cart. We got our stuff, kept the kids with us (not a job for the weak), and went to check out. We ALWAYS go to self checkout because it is faster. We didn’t. We went through a regular line with a cashier. We unloaded the stuff and pushed the cart through so our bags could be put in. I took the stroller and pushed the baby and the kids outside to wait. Paul came out with the groceries and we went home. Paul didn’t use the cart to bring he groceries out of the store. He carried them.

My purse was gone. My drivers license. ALL OF OUR SOCIAL SECURITY CARDS were gone. My recommend, my debit card, EVERYTHING. I could have KILLED whoever took my purse instead of just turning it in to the Albertson’s people. I was freaking out all day yesterday mainly because I am supposed to get on a plane in 2 days and I am pretty sure they're gonna want I.D. Of course I had already boxed our files and my birth certificate. All of the sudden my big job of doing laundry didn't seem like such a big deal in the face of the D.....M......V!

We went back to Albertson's last night. Asked around. Did a little Nancy Drew. Found out that my purse was NOT in the cart as we had thought. Now, that sounds more exciting than it was...we stood around at the front of the store for an hour while some poor guy went through security tapes for us. We jumped back into action and RE-searched our car. Not in back, not in the front....under the seat perhaps?

YES! There it was. A purse full of canceled credit and debit cards, checks, and one BEAUTIFULLY GORGEOUS driver's license. Those social security cards were lookin' pretty darn nice themselves.

Happy Ending. Now, off to the main event! ALASKA!!!!

14 comments:

Jen said...

Misty, Don't ever leave the SS cards in your purse, they go in a safe place in your house! And the DMV isn't so bad when you don't have to take the test. I am so glad that you have a happy ending! Yeah for your sleuthing! Have fun in Alaska!

Chastina said...

I'm glad you were able to find your purse!

PMC said...

Jen! I have to defend myself...LOL....I only had them in there because I was getting all of their birth certificates ordered for the trip and Waldon and...yeah...that's my story....I have to argue that the DMV is bad. And the social security office sounded like a nightmare too....I kind of feel the way you do about grocery shopping toward the DMV, County Health Building, pretty much any government office....anybody with me?? ;)

K said...

WOW. Wow. I am sitting here feeling like I've just had a flipping heart attack. I HATE that feeling. HATE it. But how wonderful that some stupid, terrible person DID NOT TAKE IT.

I'm gonna go lie down.

Rachel said...

I did that once.....left my purse in the cart after I'd gotten my groceries out and put my cart in the cart parking lot thingy. Went home.......unloaded groceries......realized what I'd done......went BACK to Wal-Mart and would you believe? It was still there sitting in the cart! Wally of all places. Not stolen!

PMC said...

K - sorry for the heart attack....

Rachel - WOW. That is AMAZIN' FRUIT! You still an out of towner?

:)

Duncan said...

Nice to see I wasn't the only one freaking out for you! I didn't realize I had been holding my breath until the end. Are you trying to kill us all!!!!

PMC said...

LOL! Sorry...:)

PMC said...

I love my moms comments....here is what she emailed me:

and you are so lucky that their security cameras weren't pointed toward the sky.

last Christmas, we had filled about 80 dollars worth of gas in cans and they were in the back of our truck. ran into fred meyers for some milk. quick trip in and out and we got out to find somebody had stolen all our gas tanks full of gas.

and yea their security cameras were pointed toward mars so we are pretty sure the martians didn't take um LOL.....

whew what a story my daughter!

islandgirl said...

Okay, I have to be the dork and ask, does your purse really look like that? Sorry, I always take things literally. LOL! Putting my purse under the seat is something I would totally do!

PMC said...

LOL!!!!!!! My heck that is funny!!!! NOOOOO....my purse does NOT LOOK LIKE THAT!!!!! LOL!

islandgirl said...

Didn't think so, but you never know with you! LOL!

HomeschoolRulz3 said...

OM Gosh! I have done that. Lost my check book once. Swore I had it at the store. Thought I left it on the counter..nope...under the seat in the car. It had fallen out of the my purse..that I sit on the floor in the car. You are a hoot! Love your blog. I always get a good smile!

Carrilyne said...

Well if your purse did look that- you would never have to worry about it getting stolen!