Monday, June 1, 2009

To a Certain Extent






















My oldest has a testimony of opposition. Within reason of course.

He gave a talk on agency. He add libbed quite a bit. The talk he gave at home was not the talk he gave at church. Not exactly. At least he did not read his talk. He could not have read it if he had wanted to. It was messy and said things like: Adam and Eve. Mosquitoes. Testimony.

His testimony went something like this: "I know opposition in all things is good. To a certain extent." See now, I agree. I was just in my neighbors yard. That my friends was way beyond reason. The mosquitoes over there are actually building large mosquito cities. They have freeways and a pretty good public transit system planned.

I grew up in Alaska, (pause for "Really?.... Neat!"), so I know what I am talkin' about here. I know mosquitoes. Mosquitoes are the opposition. They are winning in one backyard that I know of. I think I even saw my dear neighbor bowing to them the other day.

3 comments:

Duncan said...

Stupid comment: I thought it would be too cold for mosquitoes in Alaska.

Rachel said...

Really? Kristen was bowing to the mosquitos? What will that woman be doing next? You really can't move you know. Someone has to keep an eye on her!!

Next thing we know she'll be worshipping the dog poop!

K said...

RACHEL's really cruising. More like horse poop. I was NOT bowing to the dang things, I was being weighed down by them. Honestly? I went out in the back where M and the Great Adam had gone to play together? And what were they playing? Twister. The idea is, you twist yourself into all kinds of interesting shapes in order to slide between the flight paths of the mosquitoes.

As I say, I went out, and was immediately swallowed in a cloud of those little suckers - they were flipping ALL OVER ME. Later, I heard the dog crying at the back door, went to let him in, and there were about fifty of the things around his head. When I opened the door, they zoomed at the opening. I whapped them all back, dragged the dog in and slammed the back door, catching a city's worth between the storm door and the inside door.

When I called the city, the lady said, "Hey!! Thanks for reminding me! I have to call Abatement too." Turns out she lives right across the river. But even in Jerry's back yard yesterday in the full afternoon, we were killing them right and left. And they come into the house every time we open the doors. The most bites I've had are at my desk.

I say RAGE AGAINST THE MOSQUITO MACHINE!!!!