Whew. What a crazy thing it is not to know what you are doing. Last year Paul decided law school was the thing for him. He studied for the LSAT, labored through a personal statement, finished his bachelor's, worked full time as their "computer geek", and did a pretty good job at husband and father of 6 children. He got his applications in to schools on December 31st, 2008....our 15 year anniversary. Then we waited. That of course doesn't really give a clear picture of the waiting. I think anyone who has waited while biting their nails, barely sitting down on the last inch of their seats and running to the mailbox everyday can understand when I say that we waited.January, February, March. We got word from schools...but no real decision. We held out for BYU. Finally we knew we were moving but didn't know when. Still waiting. Waiting to know when...what to do with our house....when do we go find a new house in Oregon?
Finally, on June 11th, 2009....exactly 5 months and 11 days of waiting, we know. We are going to move on July 24th. Pioneer Day. Fitting. Now, I can sit back and breathe.
Till tomorrow when I start packing. I have 4 weeks to pack....we are going to AK for 2 weeks and Oregon in July to find a house....yes, 4 weeks!!! Wish me luck!

7 comments:
Wishing you tons of luck and get helpers! I'm excited for you guys and going to miss you.
If you need help packing I can come over and help. I know how tiresome that can be. We love you guys! Oregon doesn't know what a great family is coming their way!
*sob*
What an adventure! We need to have your kids come over and play while you get some uninterrupted packing done.
Sobbing on Kristen's shoulder.....and she's sobbing on mine and you should see all the snot she's getting on my shoulder!
GOOD LUCK. moving with 6 children makes me feel a little ill... but I am sure you will handle it wonderfully!
ugh, packing and moving. It is SUCH a drag. We've moved every year for the last three years and I am so not looking forward to the next move (in a year)!
So I'm feeling your pain.
Good luck with it all. The visiting sounds like fun!
Post a Comment