Monday, July 28, 2008

Just Call Me Bond or Jones or Sacajaweya....No, I like Bond...James Bond...

The two hardest people to find on earth are hairstylists and babysitters. Correction on that: Good Hairsylists and Good Babysitters. There are plenty of people who want to cut your hair and watch your kids but I would just as soon try and find someone to fly me to the moon than take a pair of scissors to my head or be responsible for a quiver full of children.
Finding a good bread recipe can also be a bit of a challenge....kind of like finding the lost city of Atlantis or life on Mars. Well, after a long and gruelling search through rain forests and deep caves I have found the ultimate bread recipe so you won't have to! Aren't you all so GRATEFUL?


5 c. very hot water
1/2 c. oil
1/2 c. honey or 3/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. gluten
1 Tb. salt
2 Tb. apple cider vinegar
3 Tb. instant yeast
3 c. white flour
10+ c. wheat flour


Add the following: water, oil, honey, gluten, salt, vinegar and 10 c. flour. Mix until moistened. Let rest for 10 minutes. Add yeast and mix. Add white flour and remaining wheat flour (about 1-2 cups) to make a soft dough. In a bread mixer, this is when the bread cleans the sides of the bowl. Knead for 5 minutes. Do not let rise.Divide into 4 loaves, shape in oil not flour. Preheat oven to warm. Turn off oven and place bread to rise in oven. When the bread is 1" above the rim of the bread pan (about 10 minutes), turn oven on, with bread in it, to 350 degrees. Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.


There it is. Rachel: Do not make this bread yet. I am bringing you a loaf tomorrow. Don't be jealous everyone else, Rachel has the plague...you can read about it on her blog, she deserves bread. She deserves more than just bread, but that's what I've got right now my honey!
P.S. Credit where credit is due: Jen and Becky....YOU ROCK!!!!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh I am SO excited! You rock. No, YOU rock! I mean, YOU ROCK! Sigh...I love having such good friends and if having the plague gets me fresh home made bread....it is worth it! Misty! You are THE best!

Anonymous said...

Misty - is this a recipe for those who are terrible at making bread? I have tried so many recipes and for some reason, homemade bread does not like me. I can't tell you how much flour I have wasted on bread. The only bread I can make rise is the frozen variety! What the heck is gluten anyway and would this recipe work with half white and half wheat flour? What do you think...should I try it?

K said...

Hey. I'll have Guy read this for sure. But, you know - I'm feeling a little puny myself this evening. No, I am NOT kidding. I just kind of - well - dizzy -

Did you hear that? Me hitting the floor?

PMC said...

ok, so, rachel: i will see YOU tomorrow!
rebecca: YES YES YES you can do this!!! gluten is just the protein in the wheat....you are just adding more, makes the bread RISE and last longer, etc...it is FABULOUS! try this recipe, you will restore all confidence in yourself! you CAN be a pioneer!
k: poor thing, you sound like you need some bread...warm, fresh, yummy bread....hmmmmmmmm.....

HomeschoolRulz3 said...

Your blog makes me smile! Thanks for the great bread recipe. I'll try it.