Worm. And if you like worms then it definitely pays to be an early bird. I don't actually like worms so a lot of the time being "early" is not very yummy. Take this for example: I am doing my duty and balancing our beautiful checkbook at the beginning of November. Our rockin' cool car (those of you who have seen our car can laugh now) is coming up for registration and so I take care of that because I am just that awesome. The tags don't actually expire until the end of November. So, we get these wonderful rather expensive little stickers in the mail strait away and there they sit...in our closet...for like...weeks. Of course they do, because our cute little stickers that are already on the car are still doing the trick. Well, the end of November does actually come around and those fun little stickers are not in our closet. They are not in our house apparently. They most likely went out with the trash. Tastin' that worm now aren't you? Oh yes. You are getting this now.
When you are chronically early you get to surprise people in their bath robes as they frantically get ready for their dinner guests hoping that they will arrive just a bit late like normal people. You get to sit out in front of office buildings, medical buildings, and school buildings waiting until the door actually opens when you pull on it. You get to sign in and sit in chairs for exorbitant amounts of time, make small talk with lots of different people, get the "wow, your early" look, and my personal favorite: you get lots of free time to examine each plant, tile, scuff, and crack in your immediate vicinity. It is super.
Almost as super as the worm, but not quite.....the worm is a delicacy only enjoyed by those who have special time powers.

3 comments:
Misty I love the analogies!! You are very creative!
Cheers from a fellow worm eater! That was great. I am laughing so hard I am disturbing all the old folks at the library where I sit waiting for my class to begin because I am... EARLY (by like 3 hours)! Thanks for the laugh and by the way there are 37,892 tiles on this wall.
Came late to this party. But usually, I am with you, early and waiting. How I hate waiting. I set the clocks ahead five minutes. why? Because I hate being late, except to church meetings - like inservice and stuff. I like being late to them because you miss all the fol-er-ol and hopefully get there for the actual business. Maybe. Actually, I really hate it when other people are late. Always late. Like every one of my female relatives. And some other people, who I've actually told to be in such and such a place a full half hour before the actual time in hopes they'd only be half an hour late . . .
Those people should turn into worms.
Hmmmm
Post a Comment