Two apple pies don't make a crisp, healthy apple. No matter how much you like apple pie. Don't argue, just listen. I read the Twilight series. All four. Don't condemn me just yet though. You can do that later. I went and saw the first Twilight movie...in the theater....about a month after it came out. Please, keep your applause until after the presentation. Last night we decided to go see a movie. "Fandango, won't you tell me please what movies are playing?"
"New Moon is playing!" says Fandango.
"New Moon?" Well, let's go see that. Surely it can't be as bad as the first one. I mean, they have a budget this time. And practice. Apparently money can't buy everything. And practice? I guess making one movie just wasn't enough time to learn the ins and outs of believable dialogue. Darn.
We buy tickets for the 7:30 show. We go over at six. Because we wanted to eat dinner first. As we drive by the movie theater on our way to the place we were going to order, sit down, and eat fabulous food (I was hungry....) we glance over at the really long line in front of the theater....the kind of line that just screams (literally) "Ahhhhhhhh!!!!! Edward!!!!! OOOhhhhhhhhh!!!! Jacob!!!!!!" Could this be the line in to see the movie we are going to see we ask? You betcha! It is. Remember...it is only 6:00. Darn.
We stand in the only 1 1/2 hour movie line I have ever stood in. I didn't even wait this long to see Harry Potter. I would happily stand in line for hours at midnight to see that movie. Unfortunately for us we were not standing in that line. Darn.
So we stand. And shift. And stand. We spot a familiar face. Which is a big deal when you are new...again...and you never spot familiar faces anymore. We go in. We save seats for the familiar faces....which is no small thing when you have 2 theaters worth of teenagers fighting for seats...."AAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Edward!!!!!!! OOOhhhhhhhhh!!!!! Jacob!!!!!!!!". We then eat the only thing available. Hot dogs. Darn.
After our delicious dinner we settle in for the show. Seriously...I am not "moonlighting" as the next famous movie critic. Mainly because I can't get past words like lame and corny...and ridiculous.
As much as we may like eating apple pie...I am still pretty sure that one is enough. If you think that the second one is going to make up for the first one then you would be wrong. Darn Again!
Trust me. Skip the second pie, just eat the apple. And yes, you can condemn me now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Oh Misty. I have to say, I think it was better than the 1st one. Yes, it still had some corny moments, but it is geared toward a teenage audience, which as we all know teenagers are corny. Bella still needs some work on learning to act, Jasper needs a makeover, and Edward is still not Edward to me, but those muscles? How could you not appreciate those muscles?
Harry Potter is also geared toward the younger audience...somehow they pull it off. Without the muscles. But, yes, I can appreciate those.
You go girl. All due respect, Nat - but I am always proud of young women who exercise their analytical thinking and take pot shots at popular culture junk, especially when there were more tickets sold for that stinking flick in Utah than in any other state. How EMBARRASSING. I'd rather spend my eight bucks on a six dollar burger, thank you very much. Or read a book. Woo-hoo!! Or chew chalk. (breathing hard, pant, pant.) So what I'm saying is, I'm proud of you, mama - no peer group junkie you.
Yes, Natalie. Like I said in my blog, Movie Jacob is better than Movie Edward, so Team Jacob people think they have a reason to be on Team Jacob.
Post a Comment