My July began this way.
It rolled along into things like this.
Making a detour to this place.
Full of things like this.
Kissing things like this.
And this.
And this.
Then we got here. Here is where I am. This is what I so unwittingly moved into. Don't ask me how I did not see this. I could not tell you how.
Or this.
Or this.
How about those holiday colors? That is my family room. At least I won't have to decorate this year.
There is always outside. I didn't have the heart to take pictures of the rest of the yard or the pile that went to the dump. We carried and piled and gathered for days in the sun.
There are plenty of these inside though....
And not just in the doors and walls either.
Again, don't ask.
This is the thing that has kept us happy, crazy, frustrated, and puzzled. The color of this thing goes from blue to green to blue again in a matter of hours. We don't know what we are doing. Neither does the pool guy I am finding out.

6 comments:
THe pictures were worth a thousand words. Now I can cry with you. And I will smile with you remembering when my own toddler played naked outside. I love you! -Pam:)
Amen.
Yes, now I see. But everything I said still stands. When I think about the places I lived during year of education - like this pioneer house that had been lived in by maybe three families in 100 years - and the entire living room and dining room had been painted with about 50 coats of this cloying, thick yucky mid green - even the woodwork=
Nice shots though. Very nice. And yes, your assignment is to find the beautiful corners. To find the art and the heart in the place as you live there. That's what I want to see - if you have an eye, let's get it out and use it NOW.
Oh my gosh that little chubby bum!
And to think you'd just had some of your carpet replaced before you left! :D
Oh Misty, oh Misty, OH MISTY! My heart goes out to you.
Wow! Okay, if I can get up everyday and say, "Come, what may and love it" so can you. We can do this together cuz I'm here sister! I'm here in my own world of ugliness, frayed edges, and peeling paint.
I love the pics! Especially of your little one running around enjoying the air on his skin.
well the pool looks great--I hope you can get it figured out. Our friends in AZ live and die by their pool. They pretty much just wear bathing suits from april on. Sorry about the rest of it. We felt kind of that way at our last place. It looked ok at first, but the longer we lived there the yuckier it was and the more problems popped up. Like 1000 legged 5 inch centipedes. Eeeerrhgh.
Post a Comment