Friday, October 17, 2008

Tools of Choice

I decided that Satan is a power tool guy.

So, I am watching this game show, (Yes I know, game shows are lame.), and the wife has to guess what her husbands most important, can't live without, use every day tool is. Of course everyone knows this is the cordless drill. A man is not a man without his cordless drill.

This morning I am trying to figure out just why I am having such a down and dirty problem with this person who shall not be named. The light comes on. A real, honest to goodness light bulb appeared above my head! Good ole' pride! Satan's power tool of choice! His cordless drill. His most important, can't live without, use every day tool!

So I say to that wicked devil, "Put down that drill mister! Lay it aside for today!" I will give that person who shall not be named what she wants. In giving her what she wants I am choosing gentleness in place of a power struggles and power tools.

And so another light bulb appears above my really messy head of growing out hair this morning. God's tool of choice does not even need a battery. His tool is solar powered, perfectly quiet, do the job right every time AWESOME. His tool goes by many names. Give a cheer for love, understanding, kindness, forgiveness. Give charity a great big high five.

5 comments:

Jen said...

It's about time to hear from you again on here! You are doing a great job of "taking the high road" in a very rough situation. Keep it up! ...big hugs...

K said...

I gots NO idea what the situation is - well, yeah, in a general sense, I can relate - but since I expect this high-road stuff out of you, I am not surprised. HOWEVER, even though you expect something out of somebody, there's no reason why you can't tell them they are AWESOME. And so Hurray for the Lord's battery!! I wish I could get one at Home Depot, actually -

Melissa said...

Great analogy! I'm going to remember that one and the happy ending that goes with it.

Rachel said...

Looks like I have some things to work on. I LOVE POWER TOOLS AND ESPECIALY CORDLESS DRILLS!

Love your analogy!

Carrilyne said...

Hey Misty! Just wanted to say thanks again for finding my keys in the mother's room on Saturday! That was totally awesome!