Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Tooth Fairy Dialogue

Our youngest daughter Joyce lost a tooth a couple of months ago. Tonight she wrote the following note:

Dear tooth fairy,


You haven't come to my home in 2 or 3 months. I now know you are most likely doing more important things like going to little people's homes. But can you please try to come in the next week.


love,

Joyce


PS - What is your name



Toothfairy's response:


Joyce,


Thank you for your note. You are right; I have been very busy.


But, you are very important too. In fact, you are my last stop tonight, so I can honestly say that I saved the Best for Last.


I am sorry if I have made you feel bad. You are wonderful and I love collecting your teeth.


Some of the brightest stars in heaven have come from your teeth -- that's right, the brightest little smiles make the brightest starlit skies.


Thank you for brightening my days and your nights with a piece of your smiles.


With Love,

Lucinda

(The tooth fairy)

7 comments:

HomeschoolRulz3 said...

Yes it's true. The tooth fairy gets lost on her way to many childrens house. I have to admit it hasn't taken her 3 months at our house, but a few days and even weeks once or twice. Joyce is one patient girl!

Duncan said...

I have always wanted to know the tooth fairy's name! What a fantastic note.

The Nixons said...

How cute! I love the tooth fairy's response....

Duncan said...

Misty, you are fabulous! Thanks for your support. I love you too!

K said...

Yep. She forgot at our house, too. I remember the unbelieving sad look in the eyes of toothless children and feel pretty bad, remembering. She doesn't come here any more. And really, considering the people who live in my house, I'm really hoping she never comes again. But I would like her to write me notes. She sounds really, really nice.

K said...

Oh, and by the way - she wasn't with that bunch of fairies in my backyard this afternoon????

Rachel said...

Darned tooth fairy is always late at our house. My poor kids just kind of expect it. "Mom will you PLEEZE call the tooth fairy TONIGHT"? "Ummm, ya, I'll get right on it". Next morning........"you forgot didn't you?" "Crap!"