Some things never seem to change. There will always be that person in your life that says just the wrong thing and looks at you sideways whilst you walk down the hall at church. There will be the clothes in your closet that fit and those that don't quite fit, yet. Those things that remain constant. Those things you can count on. Good or bad, easy or hard, like noise in your house when you have young children.
Some things change too often. The days move along, the seasons change from fall to winter and spring to summer much too quickly. Baby boys learn to walk and talk and shoot air soft guns at each other before you can turn around. Husbands learn to give you the best mother's day on the planet or your favorite lotion runs out and you find another favorite. Your neighbors turn into friends who turn into family and then you find yourself saying goodbye before you realize what is happening. Your eyes fill with happiness then to sadness in the blink of an eye.
We are moving to Oregon and we will miss this place. More to the point, we will miss our friends. We love them. This change is like the change in my wallet; a nuisance, heavy, in the way. But not without its value. Seemingly small if taken one handful at a time. Significant if added up over a life time. Change after change, counting on those things that remain. Those things like love. Those things like family. Counting each piece. Saving it up. Making us rich beyond measure.

8 comments:
Beautiful. Its killing me.
It's. I mean it's.
HA! Doth my eyes deceive me???? Kristen used an apostrophe wrong???? HA! :D
Oh Misty. This breaks my heart! I don't like change at all what so ever. You are so brave. I see your bravery as you look for the growth and positive in this as you try to accept this new journey. I wish.....I wish.....but what I wish......doesn't matter does it......
I love you!!!
Change can also be exciting. I hope you find excitement in the change. We will miss you! Luckily we get to enjoy you and your family for a while longer. I'm also glad for internet; so we can keep in contact even though we may be miles away.
Oh, you made me cry! You are being so brave! Keep positive, this will be an awesome opportunity! So glad the internet makes it possible for friends to be close in spirit even when they are far apart physically.
The way that you express yourself in writing is so smooth and enjoyable to read. And because I enjoyed the writing in this post so much, when I finished reading it made the blow of you moving less traumatic. But then real life kicked in and I can't believe this is happening!!! We are going to miss your family so much.
Things and places change quickly, but relationships and feelings are a solid part of our heart.
We'll miss you!
Misty,
I'm just bummed youguys came after I left and I haven't even gotten a chance to meet you. I know my family is so sad youguys have to go. I am too, sad for me for missing out on you.
But good luck with everything. Thanks for being good friends to my fam. :)
Post a Comment